Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Morning/Afternoon of 7/20/10

Wow. What a trip this has been already, in every good way possible, of course. This morning we helped weed out all of the gardens around the church. Luckily, it was very cool, cloudy, and breezy, so the work wasn’t as difficult as yesterday. I got scratched up a ton from having to pick vines and prickly weeds out of huge bushes, but I’m proud of my scars. They show that I worked hard. ^_^ Something very interesting and exciting to me was meeting the homeless Muslim that lives outside of the church building. Let me explain that, haha. Pastor Chad told us that there is a homeless person living outside of the building, so be careful not to mess with his stuff when we are out there weeding. Well, while we were out there he actually woke up and to all of our surprises he welcomed conversation with us. I didn’t catch everything, but Cassie, Türe, and Corbin had a nice talk with him. He seemed like a really nice man, and since he is Muslim he was very clean. Also, he had his own camera and took a group photo of us. And I must say that his beard was rather splendid. It was a very awesome thing to see, plus I got to serve the church by weeding their much-needed gardens. ^_^ I cannot wait to see what God is going to do on this trip through us. I have had emotional breakdowns already, but I know that I can make it the rest of these days.  :)

       -Hannah Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment